otrdiena, 2012. gada 6. marts

SCCM 2012 client installation on XP

I was installing MS SCCM about 3 weeks, I will write about it later, now I want to review sccm 2012 client. I was using 2 Windows xp workstations, about week pass until I realize, they need SP 3, not just bunch of 7 files in client folder, but SP 3 itself, it was pain too, because clients was in virtual environment. So you need SP 3 , install all but .net 4 and SCCM client itself in SMS_001 directory. This is how I did it. In command prompt type
net use z: \\sccm2012\SMS_001 
z:
cd Client 
ccmsetup.exe /mp:SCCM12 SMSSITECODE=AUTO
At least it worked for me. I go to client folder to not to wonder around whether it find source location or not. Client installs if you see in TaskMAnager CCMSETUP.EXE running.

 As I noticed even notification icon process takes 20 MB, Microsoft you are monster. A while goes to try to install application web access point until I discover it wont necessary, anyway I will never install default standalone site again. So if you deploy correctly it appears like pretty icon status bar.


After clicking install it downloads and starts to install.
As you can see 7zip are up and running.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru