ceturtdiena, 2012. gada 22. novembris

Schedule backup esxi 5 from snapshot

Yes you can backup vm from snapshot without turning it off. In my previous articles I wrote how to backup machine, via vmkfstools there are one problem, if script stops, virtual machine stays turned off, so I found better solution- http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8760  that guy is realy good on scripting, so here is my full solution.

How to create key I already wrote, so you have description file sheduled with vm name as parameter, then it goes further as directory name. What is good about this solution- it creates snapshot of running machine and after backup erases that snapshot. It keeps N images in directory.
Err actually I made this about 2 weeks to figure out where , what, but now I am happy that all works fine. At first sight it is complicated, but after you start to figure out it is simple to modify. If this script stops, there remains snapshot, just erase that snapshot and proceed. One problem remains are there enough free space for backups, now I left it always open in separate terminal, so I can notice every morning. see the picture above.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru