piektdiena, 2012. gada 20. aprīlis

SCCM12 Server installation


Now there are tons of manuals and communities like http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4422-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-1-installation/.  and http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com/2011/08/10/configmgr-sccm-2012-starter-kit-very-useful-links/
Then 2 month ago (in January 2012) it was more complicated. Microsft want to force you to buy Technet so you can see download page otherwise I have to search for technet sites in other blogs. As I installed and worked with SMS 2003 I think I can install it without reading manuals, as a result installation of SCCM 2012  RC1 took me about a month and last week I was reading manuals and watching videos. At first I was happy to find there are SQL Express in installation directory, then I was wondering, why the heck SCCM 2012 wont install on that SQL server coming with installation, it took me a week to got it- SCCM wants SQL 2008 R2, so I downloaded 2008 R2 , installed all updates and again it wont install, at last it started to give understandable errors. Later I figured out- SQL express probably is for WSUpdate server only. In documentation there are not info related to SQL updates neccessary, hope it works with all versions or it will have SQL in package. I discovered, you can't install all SQL server updates, you have to go to hidden Microsoft page, where are SQL special updates residing if you have version without sp1 there are 7 updates, if you have version with sp1 there are 4 updates, all must be installed prior SCCM 12 installing. The info appears only when a proper version of SQL is installed, aka SQL 2008 R2 with or without SP1. So I installed MS SQL 3 times, SQL express, SQL Enterprise to see it requires 10GB of RAM alone, SQL Standard with all updates to see it have version too big. I even know how to get sql version,  just type in sql query "select @@version" Here are proper links.
If you are running SQL 2008 SP2, install CU7 from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2617148
If you are running SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, use CU4  from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2633146

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru